Isobar is a digital agency with a focus on flawless user experience. We build everything from a Comedy Central app that makes hilarious content available anywhere, to extremely sophisticated platforms for the U.S. Air Force. The breadth of Isobar’s marketing and business clients means that our mobile developers have a broad range of technical opportunities to explore. We push the limits of mobile experiences, for example, by incorporating emerging technology like wearables into our offerings. Our secret sauce? Ensuring full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative and strategy teams to enable the creation of complex, award-winning, no-one-else-is-doing-it, slam-dunk work.
Isobar is seeking Senior iOS Mobile Developers to architect, develop and debug applications utilizing Apple’s iOS SDK. The candidate may need to take the lead on projects and delegate tasks to other developers on the team. The candidate will be required to solve problems and assist in debugging issues with other developers. The role may entail working with leads and/or architects to help estimate overall timelines and risks to management, as well as participating in design meetings to address the feasibility of design requirements.
Senior Mobile Developers at Isobar will be responsible for key components within applications on which they are assigned to work. They must ensure that the project tasks assigned to them are completed on time and as designed. They will be required to spot problems and bring them to the technical lead’s attention as soon as possible. They must be able to interact with other disciplines (creative, backend services, etc.) and developers to clearly specify when required elements are due in order to deliver on schedule.
The ideal candidates will have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel.
Required Experience / Skills
* Experience with the current and previous version of the iOS SDK
* Have at least two apps in the Apple App Store
* Experience working with standard iOS interface components such as table views, collection views, navigation controllers, various button and control types, etc., as well as creating custom interface elements
* Understanding of Cocoa programming methodologies and memory management
* Experience with Interface Builder and storyboards in which at least one app was created using Interface Builder as the primary UI tool
* Experience with Web Services (either JSON or XML-formatted return data)
* An understanding of block and/or multi-threaded-based programming concepts
* Experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN, etc.
* 3+ years of experience in software development with at least 2+ years of mobile iOS development
Nice to Have
* Familiarity with Apple’s enterprise developer accounts and ad-hoc distribution on standard developer accounts
* Familiarity with Swift
* Familiarity with AV media frameworks
* Familiarity with iOS’s networking frameworks
* Familiarity with Core graphics and Core animations
* Familiarity with SQL-based database systems and/or Core data technologies