How To Be A 5 Star Uber Driver
Uber and Lyft are two of the best options out there for part-time job. They’re both highly flexible and have high earning potentials. Whether it’s your side gig or you’re in-between jobs, ridesharing might be the perfect fit. To make top dollar, it’s important to keep a high drive rating.
Here are some tips to stand out as you start in this gig:
1. Showcase professionalism. Riders have come to expect politeness and professionalism from their drivers. This doesn’t mean you have to be up-tight–feel free to let your personality shine. It does mean you should dress nicely, keep your car clean, and greet your riders politely.
2. Show that you are knowledgeable about the city. Even when you are just moonlighting in this job, it is still important that you know your area. If your rider asks for food, entertainment, or other tips, it’s good to have a few go-to answers. What a great excuse to try that new restaurant in town!
3. Practice your navigation. In driving, the top priority should be navigation and safety. However, there are times when you would need to converse with your passenger. With this, your navigation should be perfect and like a second nature to you so as when you navigate, you know exactly how far the navigation would go without having to look on your screen.
4. Make use of apps such as Google Maps. Google map is now integrated with traffic information straight from Waze. Even if you’re born and raised in the city, using Maps will help you find the fastest route based on current traffic conditions, saving you and your passenger time.
5. Your phone should be dash-mounted. Aside from being safe, this is also a way to show your passenger that there’s a GPS that guides you to your destination and that you are not just making up the route of your own. With this, your passenger will feel safe and secure riding with you.
If you’re looking for a flexible job to boost your income, ride sharing can be the perfect side job. Even if it’s just your part-time job, it still helps to have a high rating as a driver. It just might help you earn those extra bucks you’re looking for as a moonlighter.